Sunday, March 20, 2011
March 20, 2011
I have a little secret to confess...I am not fit. That may not be a huge revelation to some if they don't know me. For those who do, it is somewhat of a surprise. I am 5'7" and somewhere between 115-120 lbs. Sounds skinny, right? It is, but it doesn't mean I am healthy. For the last five years, I have struggled with my body image. I am just like the majority of us women...I have some serious issues with the way I look. It's taken a while, but I am slowly starting to realize that my life should not obsessively revolve around how thin I am or what my body looks like. I should be more concerned about my health. I can't even climb the stairs at work without getting winded...so yeah, there's definitely a fitness issue there. So, I am starting this to chronicle a journey for better lifestyle choices. Bare with me, there are sure to be junk food lapses, starvation urges, and grammatical errors. But I need the accountability of airing my struggle out in the open where people can see it. One day at a time, I hope to find that seemingly unobtainable balance. Admitting there is a problem is the first step, tomorrow I will brief you on my past experiences and set some goals. Until then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment